Are you a moderate to advanced WordPress user, developer, designer or otherwise involved with WordPress? Do you have a presentation idea or concept that you feel would appeal to the attendees of WordCamp Edmonton 2011?
Why Should I Speak?
Speaking at WordCamp Edmonton 2011 provides a tremendous oppportunity to share your knowledge with your peers, build up your personal or professional brand, and become a integral part of the Edmonton WordPress community. Speakers receive some extra perks: free registration, a special dinner, and prominence on the WordCamp Edmonton 2011 website.
What are the Requirements?
- Speakers, topics, and presentations must accept the GPL License
- Excellent public speaking skills
- Expertise in the speaking topic area
- Love of WordPress and the desire to be involved in the local community
- Focus on WordPress design, development, or blogging topics
- The submission deadline is 12:01am October 10, 2011
- Speakers will be selected and announced by 12:01am October 17, 2011.
What Can I Talk About?
Anything related to design, development, or blogging with WordPress! Here are some ideas:
- Developing for the Content Manager / Locking Down Your Designs for Longevity
- How to Make WordPress a Better, More Friendly CMS
- What are Custom Post Types & Why You Should be Using Them
- Plugin Development: Tips, Tricks, Why & How
- Child Themes: What are They and Why Should I Care?
- Responsive Web Design
- E-Commerce & WordPress: Solutions & Tips
- Theme Frameworks: What, Why & How
- Version Control for WordPress
- Unit Testing for WordPress
- Moving WordPress Between Environments
- WordPress Multisite
- Multiple Languages and WordPress
- Designing for Content Management Systems
- Tips for Working with Developers
- Typography & the Web
- HTML5, CSS3, WordPress & You
- Don’t be a Jerk: Designing Usability-First Websites
Small Business/Basic User
- WordPress for Beginners
- Is WordPress the Right CMS For My Small Business?
- WordPress and Search Engine Optimization for Small Businesses
- Making Money with WordPress
- How Blogging Will Benefit Your Business
- Don’t Just Talk About Yourself: Proper Business Blogging
- Tips & Tricks to Drive Traffic to Your Blog
- Demo your plugin, theme framework, or jQuery plugin
- Winning Design Processes for WordPress websites